Friday, April 17, 2009

DaVinci Mode Challenge - Day 2 (4/16/09)

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I'm participating in a 30-day creative challenge posed by Stacy "The Craft Whore" McQueen to her facebook friends. It's not a contest, so nobody "wins" anything, except 30 completed creative acts.

For day two, Stacy posed the possibility of finishing something you'd started some time back. Yeah, I have a lot of those projects and I'm filing that idea for future use because I had something else I wanted to tackle.

See, I'm a hoarder of craft supplies (and ideas). I buy things that I love, and then don't want to "use" them up. It's ridiculous. Therefore, I decided to take one of the cigar boxes I've been nesting upon for over a year and embellish it. It didn't have to be spectacular, I just needed to DO IT. Just to challenge my pack-rat nature some more, I used up some of the Seven Gypsies papers (from the new "Market Collection") and EK Success stickers (Nostalgiques line by Rebecca Sower) I bought on a recent shopping trip with Ann Pohlers while I stayed with her (and her equally awesome roomie Alisa) down in San Diego.

Some black gesso, a little distressing and some stamping....

I may still do more with the inside, but as it stands, I like it!

Day 2: covered cigar box

Day 2: covered cigar box

*
View ALL DaVinci Mode Challenge posts.

 * 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Kiff! Miss you. Are you coming "home" for the sweltering months?

    ReplyDelete