Friday, April 11, 2008

Are You Lookin' In My DRAWERS? (2 craft projects)

As a lot of you know, I recently (pshh like over the last 6 months) moved into a new studio space in my home. In trade for the extra 70sf of space, I gave up the door which closed me off from the outside world and my stuff from my husband and my cats.

A la Less Nessman, I put up virtual walls and accompanying "office door" which has been effective on my husband. F*@%ing cats refuse to provide me with similar respect (what a surprise). Hence, anything that might be considered a cat toy must be stowed securely before I leave my space, which brings us to two small item drawer projects that intrigue me.... I believe I'll do them both.

=+=+=+=+=


As featured in today's CRAFT:blog. We've seen similar projects before, yes, I know. Who cares? The papers featured here are from Hambly Screenprints.

Oh, and by the way, if you haven't yet lost yourself for HOURS in the IKEA hacker blog, you are SO missing out!

=+=+=+=+=

A related project for girls who inexplicably like tiny things (or people like me with itty bitty craft ephemera):

This 'matchbox bureau' was recently featured on my new not-even-guilty pleasure, Cut Out + Keep. I recently took a trip into the barrio and finally found a dollar store that carries stuff I'd want to use (like 32 count matchboxes). This should be fun -- I'm going to make teeny, tiny handles from something in my bead collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment