FAN PAGES - USE THEM!
Are you on facebook? If so, USE A FAN PAGE for your business. If you don't have one set up already, head over here and create one. I know, I have heard it all before. "But I already post on my personal profile. Why should I make a fan page?" Well, because you can:
- access it from your existing profile - you don't need another login
- post your art publicly (people don't have to friend you to see your work)
- separate your personal stuff from your work (and then DO NOT double post everything or you'll lose fans AND friends)
- spare your non-customer friends from a gazillion "just listed on Etsy" posts
- prevent your fine art collectors and creepy fanboys/girls from seeing pictures of your kid potty training (or whatever)
- post as your fan page. Just think about the clicks you'll get when you post something clever (way better than friend requests from people you don't know)
- there's no limit - you can have more than 5,000 fans (you cannot have more than 5,000 friends
Read all Marketing Tidbits.