Wednesday, October 22, 2008

This Time Last Year (#3)

I've actually been blogging since late 2006 (postings on blogspot only go back to this March), so every now and then, I'll copy and paste an old blog entry. Here's another one:

I always get asked what kind of art I do. Quilter doesn’t really bring up images of fused applique skeletons and pop art icons… I avoid “seamstress” since I don’t like to construct clothing but LOVE to embellish ready-to-wear items… I also like to paint in miniature on “stuff” and enjoy playing with polymer clay.

Finally, someone came up with a name for what I do! “Spoon,” moderator of DIYscene.com (awesome site - go join NOW), just dubbed me “Miss Multicraftquiltdiyindiedesigner.”

I like it!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Krissi, I love how you've taken your art so many different ways...esp. the quilting. I'm an old fan of creative quilts (sort of weird for a guy), and have many from my Aunt who used to turn them out amazingly fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Eric! Some of my favorite quilters are guys - Ricky Tims and "Quiltman." They are both amazing and totally unique. (Ricky is also incredibly nice!)

    Thanks for your comment - I've been wanting to get my machines set up again and your note is nudging me in that direction. I probably will as soon as I finish my mixed media class in December.

    ReplyDelete