Thursday, October 2, 2008

October, not April, is the cruellest month!

It's that crazy time of year again for me:
  • Wedding anniversary (10/11 - it's my 5th, this year)
  • Fall vacation time (10/4 - 10/10)
  • October Second Saturday shows with the Scary-Art Collective (10/11)
  • Jury duty??- thankfully postponed to December... WHEW!
  • Halloween
  • Dia de los Muertos
  • OH, and this year we get to add the release of Skelekitty's first round of rubber stamps!
Somehow this busiest of months sneaks up on me every year.... Because of the state of the economy, gas prices, etc., I am not vending at the Dia de los Muertos Fest-o-Rama in Oaktown this year. Maybe next year -- assuming someone is voted into the White House who has an interest in eliminating the deficit and creating jobs here in the u.s. of a. I will, however, be creating as if I were vending... As a result, there will be much art to be had (and some that have already found homes) at both Body Tribe and Side Show Studios starting on October 11th. I'll also be putting a few new items up here and there in my etsy shop.

I've created some new stuff in a range of sizes and prices (see comment on economy above - Dude! I'm on your side). Here's a sneak peak at a few items:

"Frida" silver shrine
Dia de los Muertos/Frida shrine

"Catrina" shrine
Dia de los Muertos Catrina shrine

In progress: "Letter from Diego" shrine

Dia de los Muertos/Frida shrine in progress

And even more shrines are in the works! I will also have a few larger pieces of original work available between the two locations, including:

currently untitled 12"x24" mixed media on wood
muertos (in progress?) step 8, 9, 10...

"Tijuana Makeover" 12"x24" mixed media on wood (this one's still in progress)
HELPeR another layer & poor lighting

"Star F*cker" 16"x11" mixed-media on canvas - available on Etsy through tomorrow
Star F**ker

"The Catalyst" 16"x11" mixed media on canvas- available on Etsy through tomorrow


The Catalyst (mixed media on canvas)

Thanks to the generosity of Ron and Nik, my go team Venture pieces, "Walking Eye" and "Grand Galactic Inquisitor" (finally completed today) will be on display at Side Show and Body Tribe, respectively.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are well. You're right, October is insanely busy. Me and you both sistah on churning out those shrines. Just wanted to tell you that I really love your new (Suzi Blu) painting style. For some reason, painting using layers scares me! Keep it up, they're awesome!!

    ps You better have a huge heads up when those Skelekitties become available!

    ReplyDelete