Monday, July 13, 2009

Old Stuff Revisited (New 2 U)

Just for fun, I thought I might share some older pieces here and there. I like to go back and look at my previous work and see where I made discoveries (some good - some fails).

This painting was a custom piece of Venture Bros. fan art I created for and gifted to the talented and amusing Mr. Nicolas Caesar, Daddy of Scary-Art. It's one of my earlier layered mixed media pieces, but I like the images and texture (like the 3D rocketship I made with Golden acrylic molding paste and mica powders) in the finished piece.  My favorite thing about it is the background colors, though.  Yummy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh,I too love the background you created here. Very pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tess! I think I'll do something with that color combo again.

    ReplyDelete