Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Teaching My Favorite Techniques!

Hi everyone! I wanted to let y'all know that I'll be teaching some of my favorite layering, shading and image transfer techniques on June 19th in So. Cal. at the Santa Clarita Craft Lab. *UPDATE: The class is called "Hearts of Fire - Mixed Media Imagery."*

6/19/09 Class at Santa Clarita Craft Lab!
The collage we'll be making is a simple heart image with wings and a crown.

At first, I just made one class sample, but feared that my students would feel a need to duplicate it (and if I'm honest, even *I* can't do it that way a second time!) So, using the same box of supplies and identical techniques, I created two different mixed media plaques. One is brightly colored and the other has a "steampunk" feel to it (complete with a moving spinner).

Hopefully, by creating two looks from the same techniques and supplies will show the students how they can copy a technique while letting their own styles come through!

Wanna sign up?

The class is only $40 per student including all supplies. Class size is limited to 10 (and we already have three signed up without listing or advertising yet!). Go to santaclaritacraftlab.com and sign up for their newsletter to receive the June calendar (update - it's online now!), or just contact them (Tuesday through Sunday) to reserve your spot today!

Be sure to join their facebook page and read their blog for more information too.

4 comments:

  1. Krissi is an amazing teacher! Sign up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladies and Gentlemen, my own personal cheering section.

    Thanks Yoli (and so are you)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I live too far, but I LOVE your piece and just had to SCREAM it out loud!

    (heyy, it's fiery red kinda matches that lovely PERFECT head of hair you have.. just beautiful)

    xo, monica :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Monica! yeah, funny how that primary red/magenta color keeps showing up in my paintings, huh?

    ReplyDelete