Sunday, May 24, 2009

DVM-365: A New Beginning

Remember the DaVinci Mode Challenge I wrote about last month? Stacy "The Craft Whore" McQueen started that facebook challenge in April (on Leonardo's birthday) and, out of the 50+/- creatively good-intentioned folks who signed up, a handful and a half of us completed the full 30-day challenge. A few of us even wanted to keep going!

Today, Stacy set up the DaVinci Mode 365 Challenge and restarted our clock-o-creativity. I did have a tiny mental block at starting over at day one again, but when you're looking at the difference between 365 days and 330 or so... Yeah.

Today, I had planned to start work on the class sample for the layering techniques class I'm teaching next month at the Santa Clarita Craft Lab in So. Cal, BUT I walked into my studio this morning to discover that my sweet little dog wasn't feeling so great this morning and left me a "present." Therefore, my new day one was, appropriately, spent rediscovering my studio surfaces (starting with my floor), layer by layer. Tomorrow the work surfaces will get the same clearing/organization/cleaning treatment ("after" photo will be taken at that time).

I didn't take a "before" photo today, but just imagine this with a little stinky pile of dog poo under my chair (and a really sad looking doggy next to it).


(clicky click for amusing notes)


I'll do my best to post here every few days at least. Wish me well!

4 comments:

  1. I adore your blog! Your studio looks a bit like mine, including, sadly, the dog poop...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Allison! My (long suffering) husband is THRILLED to be able to walk to the garage and to open/close the windows in my studio without fear of destroying something now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure that mine will look like that in no time, lol! It's only organized because it's brand new!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the floor cleared and feel like I should probably take a picture just in case it never gets any cleaner! LOL!

    ReplyDelete