Friday, July 25, 2008

Holy Recycled Junk!

My pal, cohort in Scary CRAFT crime and sometimes psychiatric counselor Sacred Snatch comes up with a great ideas for swaps on Swap-Bot (oh, if you're not over there yet, you should be).

"Recycle Yo Junk!" was a group swap she created for some of the crazy-ass girlies who were on the Crafty Chica Cruise this past March. As you would suppose, the challenge of this particular swap was to utilize recycled materials to create art (2 pieces) for a randomly assigned partner.

Because I sorta lost the month of July, I haven't gotten my pieces done (or even started) yet, but here's what I received in the mail today from my pal Michele!

From Michele P.
nicho/shrine made from a tin and featuring the FABULOUS Crafty Chica (Duncan) glitters!

From Michele P.
seriously, this started as bottlecaps and a jar lid...

From Michele P.
ephemera from another's stash (always my favorite)

I just wanted to give a shout-out for Ms. Parlee and let y'all know how much she rocks.

p.s. I still owe a blog on my other uber-swap-score of the millenium: the Frida/Birthday Swap Haul from La Snatchita herself!

2 comments:

  1. really great art from ur partner. thank you for posting pictures. glad you're better too!
    cyndi

    ReplyDelete