Friday, July 25, 2008

Alive and WELL!

Sorry I've been M.I.A. for the last week, but it's because I'm feeling so much better, that I've returned to the gym and am working furiously to catch up on a horrifying backlog of work (truly horrifying).

In short, the pain, nausea and other fun and games I've been experiencing over the past month were caused by another medication I was taking. It wasn't the obvious suspect until everything else was ruled out because I've been taking it for well over eight years! Solution: stop taking the medication that's causing more problems than it's solving. Voila! Krissi is well again!

The drug, metformin (aka glucophage) is for type 2 diabetics, but was used in my case because I became insulin resistant and, as a result of my particular genetics, suffered a "domino effect" of endocrine/reproductive hormone malfunctions commonly known as PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome). Luckily for ME, the medication can be replaced with a major lifestyle change including mandatory fat loss, diet high in fiber & omega-3 fatty acids & weight bearing exercise. Ironically, the reason I was on a diet -oh, BTW, I lost 10 lbs and am almost down another pants/dress size- which set all these problems in motion was to get OFF the metformin! (I told you about my Space Alienism, yes? LOL.)

Anyway friends, fellow crafty folk and complete strangers, I am well. No surgery. Easy fix. Thank the universe for that, anyway!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I'm glad to hear it! And congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete