Sunday, September 6, 2009

My square for Body Tribe - Chalk It Up to Sacramento '09


Skelekitty made her debut as the representative for Body Tribe, my favorite gym / art gallery / dog park - the idea to use Skelekitty as the central image started as a joke because of the myth that if women lift weights, they will bulk up. 

I had a complete BLAST participating as a chalk artist in my very first Chalk-It-Up to Sacramento fundraiser, a non-profit organization dedicated to funding children's art in our region. Check out the rest of the photos from Saturday that I took.

I had tons of fun, despite my initial nervousness, having NEVER worked in the "chalk on sidewalk" medium. However, my sidewalk neighbor and new pal, Emily Elders, sure helped to get me drawing and kept me laughing all day long. Thanks to Darby Flynn for all the work she did (and for "volunteering" my services), to Body Tribe for letting me represent them with my first street art and, most especially, to my long-suffering husband Ron for shuttling me around and lugging my stuff across Fremont park (several times).

No comments:

Post a Comment