Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My First Mixed-Media Class is This FRIDAY

That's right hep cats and kittens!  I'm heading southward to teach "Hearts of Fire," a class detailing two of my favorite mixed-media techniques - color layering and using image transfers - at the Santa Clarita Craft Lab this Friday night, June 19th from 7pm to 10pm.

"Hearts of Fire - Mixed Media Imagery" Class

All supplies are included in the totally affordable $40 class fee, which means you get to use my own personal (i.e., well loved) stash of paints, pencils, mediums and images.  Of course, all students are encouraged to bring their favorite inkjet/photocopied images, rubber stamps and ephemera.

Two more spots were opened up this week since it was such a popular class!  There are currently three seats available, and I have NO idea when I'll be able to travel down to offer this again. Oh, and did I mention that I'm "raffling off" a tote-bag-o-crafting-goodness?  IT'S TRUE!  I've been collecting all kinds of goodies on my travels and I decided that it's time to spread the craft wealth.
bag-o-crafting-goodness
Just check out all these fun things I've been hoarding!  Now they can be yours (IF you're in the class, that is)!

So if you want to hang out with the cool kids for an evening (no, I don't mean me - in addition to the super creative Santa Clarita Craft Lab staff, we have Cesco and Annette Armas joining us!), maybe win some craft supplies, and definitely learn some great art techniques in the process, give Cyndi at Santa Clarita Craft Lab a call at 661-255-7526 and sign up before we fill up!

I'll see you all next week with lots of photos and an update after my whirlwind tour of Southern CA and a day or two in the lovely seaside town of Cambria to celebrate my impending birthday.

Happy creating!

3 comments: