Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Givin' It Away (Again)

There is a local and very worthy cause to which Skelekitty and I like to donate each year called "Painting For Paws," which benefits Happy Tails Pet Sanctuary here in Sacramento.

Painting For Paws 2009 Flyer
(clicky click to embiggen the poster)

Did you know that Skelekitty's very first appearance in this world was at the Painting For Paws event in 2007? It's true - I thought it would be fun to create a feisty Dia de los Muertos kitty with a sense of humor for this event, and since that fateful night, she has taken over my life!
Skelekitty & Skelemouse (SK's debut!)
"Skelekitty & Skelemouse" (SK's debut in 2007!)


This year, the Happy Tails cats and dogs are once again busy with their creative endeavors, painting one-of-a-kind pieces of original artwork for event (accompanied by a photo and bio of the furry artist). In addition, there will be complimentary food & wine, a silent auction, a prize drawing and animal-themed jewelry for sale. No admission fee!,

I am donating three hand-embellished prints of various kitties for the silent art auction:
A pair of my newest Skelekitty prints, Angel / Devil, will be auctioned off together as a set.
Painting For Paws '09 donation

This one isn't Skelekitty, strictly speaking, but she's the cutest little angel kitten!
8x10 print: Lovecats (angelcat detail)



And one doggy:
Skelepup detail from "Wanna Go To The River?"
donation to Painting For Paws 2009
Each of my 8x10" prints is hand-embellished with art glitter (& perhaps some other goodies) and enclosed in an an acid-free clear bag with sturdy backing and information such as the title, artist, Painting for Paws fundraiser, etc.

I hope you'll all mark your calendars and come out for this wonderful event (and who knows, you may go home with a hand-embellished skele-print at a real bargain!)

2 comments:

  1. Okay I love Skelekitty, but I LOVE Skelepup. He looks like what I imagine Buddy the Wonder Dog looks like on the inside. But the expression is so like my dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should see the original (it's amazing, if I do say so myself). It's hanging at Body Tribe where Allyson, Lulu's owner and my friend, works as a trainer.

    ReplyDelete