Thursday, June 4, 2009

Did I Mention...

that I actually finished "Painting The Roses Red" some time ago?

painting the roses red

This highly detailed mixed-media work will be in the second annual "Alice in Wonkaland" art show at Muddy Waters Cafe in Santa Barbara starting on July 1st (curated by the lovely and talented Miss Traci "Spooky" Lane). It is is 12"wide x 24" high on birch wood and $140 will send this baby home with you for keeps.

Here are some of the details that are difficult to capture in photos (clicky click each pic for a super close-up look):

Cheshire Cat:
Painting The Roses Red - detail

Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat...
Painting The Roses Red - detail

Cards and key:
Painting The Roses Red - detail

Lawn:
Painting The Roses Red - detail

My favorite bit:
Painting The Roses Red - detail

and again (drip...).
Painting The Roses Red - detail

If you are in or near Santa Barbara, I hope you'll drop by this show as it promises to be the host of some pretty darned incredible Alice, Willie and hybrid pieces of art.

2 comments:

  1. Hell YEAH! Very, VERY awesome! One of my favorite parts in the movie, and you did a GREAT job of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I assume (correctly, I hope) that some of your Alice pieces will be in the show?

    ReplyDelete