Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sketchy Business: Basic Drawing Lessons

Over the last month, I've been posting some of the practice sketches around Facebook and Flicker that I've been doing as part of my learn to draw properly goal.  I was surprised at how much interest there was in the process, but since it's there, I thought I'd make proper blog posts about the process as I go.

There were a lot of ways to approach this goal, but since I couldn't seem to find a convenient class nearby that covered what I wanted, I looked for some books.  After searching on the internet and in book/art stores for a few weeks, I ran across You Can Draw In 30 Days by Mark Kistler.  I purchased a few other books, but this one seemed like the best (read that as "most basic") place to start.

Kistler: Lessons 1 & 2 - shading & depth with spheres
Kister: Lesson 3 - more spheres & textures

I'll post more of these and then keep you guys up date as I progress.  Deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment