Monday, June 17, 2013

I've Been Livin' In A Box (Lots Of 'Em, Actually)

Holy mackerel, I've been MIA from my blog for too long!!!  Why, you ask?  Well, I've actually been creating new things in the studio, which is always a good thing.

Last November, I officially reintroduced the Krissi's Art Studio trinket boxes for the Dia de los Muertos show I did at Little Relics in Sacramento.  Since then, I've introduced multiple sizes and new designs, and people have responded by requesting plenty of commissioned boxes.  Here are a few of the new pieces I've been working on since February or so:

Geeky Boxes

Crown Royal bag inspired "Critical Hit" trinket box
(custom/sold - other designs available)

Adipose Industries trinket box

"Timey Wimey, Double Heart" trinket box
(yellow, more colors available)

"Sleeping Dragon" D&D themed trinket box
(custom/sold)

Tentacles mini trinket box (sold)

Just the TARDIS!

large "TARDIS" trinket box

mini/x-small "TARDIS" trinket box

"TARDIS" ring box

Not Just for Geeks

large Cherry Blossom trinket box
(sold, custom reproductions available)

Custom upgraded Bat Box (additional charge for detailed painting)
jewelry with this image is also available

nouveau bee trinket box

Monarch Skullerfly trinket box

Cupcake o' Guadalupe is BACK!  And it's a BOX!

Wow!  No wonder I feel like I've been hip-deep in wooden boxes!  I kinda have.  And nope, I'm totally not complaining about it, because there are more coming down the pike!



That's the wraparound sketch on the "Golden Bought" Pawn cash box for my pal Aaron, creator of La Brujeria comic.  This one will be loaded with lots of inside references for readers of the comic.  And yes, that IS the Geek In The City Radio podcast playing in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment