Thursday, October 29, 2009

New Project - kitties (with fur, even!)

Howdy there gang!  While I constantly insist that I blog without obligation, I thought I'd apologize for being AWOL recently just the same.

Along with the usual flurry of activity that comes with the month of October -my wedding anniversary, frenzied outings before the weather turns, not to mention Halloween & Day of the Dead- I've been down and out with an ear infection that was more persistent that my Jack Russell Terrier after a ground squirrel.

The last couple of weeks have been spent sleeping, reading trashy novels and sketching for practice, so I don't have a lot to show you, but yesterday I got back to work on a commissioned piece for fellow artist Jen X of her kitties, Neptune (who has gone to The Great Kitty Beyond) and Stardust.
Neptune and Stardust for pet portrait

I had done a sketch of Stardust back at the end of August, then got focused on other projects.
"Stardust" study


Finally, yesterday I got inspired on the colors and layout of the piece for Jen, and started sketching the second kitty, Neppie.

More on Neptune


And now, to the actual canvas I go to start the layout and sketching of the actual piece!

Oh, and by the way, Skelekitty is annoyed that I'm drawing cats with fur - as you might suspect, she prefers a little more bone showing.

No comments:

Post a Comment