Sunday, October 28, 2012

First Solo Show: Día de los Muertos at Little Relics

Spirits' Journey & Soul Searching
16x12" mixed media on canvas panels
Howdy everyone!

I realize I've been noticeably missing in action here on 'teh interwebz' for the last few months as I prepared for my very first solo show.  My nose-to-the-grindstone attitude has definitely paid off, as I was able to build a collection of  both new and "classic" Day of the Dead themed paintings and gift items for everyone.


I am thrilled to be showing at Little Relics Gallery & Boutique, located in the heart of Midtown Sacramento, and to be working again with that gallery's owner, a talented jeweler and artist in her own right, Susan Rabinovitz.




Celebrate Día de los Muertos

with

Krissi's Art Studio, home of Skelekitty & Friends

 at

Little Relics Boutique & Gallería

908 21st St. (between I & J)

Sacramento, CA 



2 Sides of Skelekitty & Siren Song
11x14" acrylic/mixed media on cradled hardwood panels
Skelekitty and I are in excellent company with Susan's masterfully crafted jewelry, original artwork by cartoonist Eric Decetis, an amazing collection of gifts and cards and a special Día de los Muertos shrine by the amazing Margaret Griffin Arnold.  (Wow, I'm feeling a little star-struck here!)


Red Catrina & Flamenco Dancer
12x16" pastel on canvas panels
As usual, Susan has some wonderful events planned throughout the month!  You can drop in any time during gallery/boutique hours, but we would love to see you at one of these free gatherings:


Thur, Nov 8: Artwalk preview 6-9pm
Sat, Nov 10: 2nd Saturday Artwalk noon-10pm

Skullerfly mini trinket boxes - acrylic on wood
(other sizes and images available)
If you aren't local (and I know many of you are not), or if you cannot make it to the show, you can still snap up some of these goodies by contacting Susan via e-mail or calling her during gallery hours at 916.716.2319.



Love & Death 12x16"
acrylic on cradled hardwood panel


Little Relics is located at 908 21st Street in Midtown Sacramento between J & I (just a few doors down from Body Tribe!)  Store hours:
Monday:  12 to 6
Tuesday: 9 to 6
Wednesday: 12 to 6
Thursday: 9 to 7
Friday: 12 to 5 (by appt 5-7)
Saturday:  11 to 7
Open late for 2nd Saturday Artwalk until 10
Special Events 6pm to 9pm

Sugar Silly Skullies
7x7" mixed media on wood plaques

No comments:

Post a Comment