Saturday, January 29, 2011

Painting Again

Mexican folk and American pop art are not the only major aesthetic influences in my art.  I am also drawn to the natural lines and subjects of the Arts & Crafts movement of turn of the 19th Century (as well as to the writings and arts of the fin-de-siècle).  For the last year I've been meaning to do some paintings inspired by this era - mostly florals - but in my own style.  I finally started!

Anyway, it's late.  I'm tired, the gel medium is drying...   Why don't I just show you what I've been up to over the last few weeks?



It's almost finished & I'll be sure to post about it when it is (there are already people asking for the prints).  I intend this piece to be the first in a series of four - I even have the preliminary idea sketch for the next painting (pomegranates) done and am ready to start to the color study/sketch.

1 comment:

  1. This is just lovely. I can't wait to see the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete