Saturday, August 30, 2008

Getting Smaller and Stronger!

Here's my first-ever video installment chronicling my shrinking body / increasing strength. Appropriately, it shows my first-ever Turkish get up with a barbell (15#), with a windmill at the top for added fun.

Thank you (again and again and...) to my trainer Allyson at Body Tribe for all the butt kicking, goal setting and for pointing her Side Kick at me and filming this!

Care to see how far I've come?

Here I am about 3 or 4 years ago, looking like an angry size 20 parakeet (round body, stick legs). I was too out of breath to do what should have been a moderate hike at altitude - I gave up and went to the car to cry. Want to know what's worse? That wasn't the worst shape I've been in (but I'm still searching for that "worser" photo).

Rock on peoples. If I can do it with my space alienism limitations, anyone can do it - you just have to want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment